We are on call and at your service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
If you only wish to look to recover rent from your current or absconded tenant without undertaking possession proceedings, we offer a full range of rent recovery and assisted litigation services which take you through the following stages in the process of rent recovery: The Pre-Legal Debt Recovery Stage; The Legal Stage and the Enforcement Stage.
We deal with rent recovery arising from all types of tenancy including residential tenancies, commercial leases, mixed use tenancies and licence. We are able to deal with the entire rent recovery process in house from tracing to enforcement and therefore can can keep our costs low.
Our process is completely flexible so you, as the client, are able to choose how far you wish to progress with the recovery of the outstanding rent. Our dedicated staff members are on hand to offer advice and administrative support on the most appropriate way to proceed forward with the recovery of your outstanding rent arrears. On instructing us, we also ensure to keep you updated throughout the process so that you are never left wondering what is happening on your case.
*Please note that the 24 Hour Group is a paralegal law firm and not a solicitors firm regulated by the SRA and can therefore not undertake any reserved activities as per the Legal Services Act 2007.
We operate on a low fixed fee basis
We operate on a low fixed fee service to ensure that there are no hidden charges or mounting costs, which some other firms charge. From initially instructing us to act on behalf of your rent recovery action, we provide you with a copy of our Fixed Fees for a complete breakdown of our fees at each stage in the rent recovery process. You do not incur any hourly rates or any unknown costs. Many other firms act on ‘a no win, no fee’ basis, which is very tempting. However, what they do not then tell you is that if the matter moves to litigation, i.e. the debtor does not respond to legal demand recovery letters and court action is required, or if the matter is defended, hourly rates are then charged which can be in excess of £150.00 plus VAT per hour.
Our fees are fixed throughout the entire rent recovery, litigation and enforcement process so you always know what costs are being incurred and can weigh up the financial risks of the case. We act on a low fixed fee basis and do not charge a commission,so what you recover from the debtor is yours in its’ entirety.
The stages of rent recovery
Pre-Legal Rent Recovery Stage:
– A dedicated recovery agent is assigned to your case, along with a case reference number. We undertake a full review of your rent recovery matter and advise accordingly
– We can undertake a full trace and credit check on your debtor tenant if this is required (an additional fee is charged for this – this service is available at your discretion).
– We send a legal demand rent recovery pack (complying with regulations) for the recovery of your outstanding rent to your debtor tenant on the SAME DAY that you instruct us.
(Throughout the process we continue to attempt to contact your debtor tenant by telephone/email to establish early settlement of the outstanding rent). Should the debtor tenant not make full payment or agree to a repayment schedule following the Pre-Legal Rent Recovery Stage, we can then proceed with the litigation process
The Legal Stage:
Should the debtor fail to respond to the pre-action legal debt recovery pack, you are then able to commence litigation.
– We will be able to assist you using our legal administrative team to draft the appropriate documentation in respect of the claim, which you can then issue with the appropriate court. Our legal agents are on hand throughout the entire process to assist you with the litigation process.
– We charge low fixed fees for each stage of the recovery process. You are also responsible for any Court fees (disbursements) to be paid up front – These are fully recoverable from the debtor.
– If the debtor either admits to the outstanding amount or fails to respond to the Claim, you can proceed to enter an immediate Default Judgement against the debtor and look to enforce using our in house enforcement agents. Our legal agents are on hand throughout the entire process to assist you with the litigation process.
– Should the debtor defend the case in full or in part, the case will proceed to a Hearing or Trial and a Judge will decide on the merits of the case.
If this issue arises, your dedicated case handler will advise you throughout the entire claim and will provide you with all of the options available so that you can make informed decisions at each stage of proceedings.
*Please note that the 24 Hour Group is a paralegal law firm and not a solicitors firm regulated by the SRA and can therefore not undertake reserved activities as per the Legal Services Act 2007.
The Enforcement Stage:
On requesting judgement, we can enforce the claim through the high court and have one of our in house high court enforcement officers undertake the collection of the outstanding debt. The high court enforcement officer’s fees are recoverable from the debtor, however there is a fixed Court fee of £66.00 made payable directly to ‘HMCTS’ and an upfront fixed £90.00 compliance fee, along with a £30.00 administrative fee.
These fees can be recovered from the debtor tenant in addition to your outstanding rent Further information on the enforcement stage of proceedings can be found on our ‘High Court Enforcement’ page.