We are on call and at your service 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
As a paralegal law firm, we are able to offer a full range of debt recovery and assisted litigation services which take you through the following stages in the process of debt recovery: The Pre-Legal Debt Recovery Stage; The Litigation Stage and the Enforcement Stage.
We deal with many types of debt including personal debts, commercial debts, outstanding residential rent and outstanding commercial rent. We are able to advise and assist you with the entire debt recovery process in house from tracing to enforcement and can therefore keep our costs low.
Our process is completely flexible so you, as the client, are able to choose how far you wish to progress with the recovery of your outstanding debt. Our dedicated staff members are on hand to offer advice and support on the most appropriate way to proceed forward with the recovery of your outstanding debt. On instructing us, we also ensure to keep you updated throughout the process.
*Please note that the 24 Hour Group is a paralegal law firm and not a solicitors firm regulated by the SRA and can therefore not undertake any reserved activities as per the Legal Services Act 2007.
We operate on a low fixed fee basis
As a paralegal law firm, we are able to operate on a low fixed fee service to ensure that there are no hidden charges or mounting costs, which solicitors’ firms may charge. From initially instructing us to act on behalf of your debt recovery action, we provide you with a copy of our Fixed Fees for a complete breakdown of our fees at each stage in the debt recovery process. You do not incur any hourly rates or any unknown costs.
Many solicitors’ firms act on ‘a no win, no fee’ basis, which is very tempting. However, what they do not then tell you is that if the matter moves to litigation, i.e. the debtor does not respond to debt recovery letters and court action is required, or if the matter is defended, hourly rates are then charged which can be in excess of £150.00 per hour.
Our fees are fixed throughout the entire debt recovery, assisted litigation and enforcement process so you always know what costs are being incurred and can weigh up the financial risks of the case. We act on a low fixed fee basis and do not charge a commission, so what you recover from the debtor is yours in its’ entirety.
The stages of debt recovery and litigation:
Pre-Legal Debt Recovery Stage:
– A dedicated recovery agent is assigned to your case, along with a case reference number. We undertake a full review of your debt/rent recovery matter and advise accordingly.
– We can undertake a full trace and credit check on your debtor if this is required (an additional fee is charged for this – this service is available at your discretion).
– We send a legal debt recovery pack (complying with regulations and pre-action protocols) for the recovery of your outstanding debt to your debtor on the SAME DAY that you instruct us.
(Throughout the process we continue to attempt to contact your debtor by telephone/email to establish early settlement of the outstanding debt). Should the debtor not make full payment or agree to a repayment schedule following the Pre-Legal Debt Recovery Stage, you can then proceed with the litigation process
The Legal Stage:
Should the debtor fail to respond to the pre-action legal debt recovery pack, you are then able to commence litigation.
– We will be able to assist you using our legal administrative team to draft the appropriate documentation in respect of the claim, which you can then issue with the appropriate court. Our legal agents are on hand throughout the entire process to assist you with the litigation process.
– We charge low fixed fees for each stage of the recovery process. You are also responsible for any Court fees (disbursements) to be paid up front – These are fully recoverable from the debtor.
– If the debtor either admits to the outstanding amount or fails to respond to the Claim, you can proceed to enter an immediate Default Judgement against the debtor and look to enforce using our in house enforcement agents. Our legal agents are on hand throughout the entire process to assist you with the litigation process.
– Should the debtor defend the case in full or in part, the case will proceed to a Hearing or Trial and a Judge will decide on the merits of the case.
If this issue arises, your dedicated case handler will advise you throughout the entire claim and will provide you with all of the options available so that you can make informed decisions at each stage of proceedings. We can assist you with the preparation of letters, correspondence, notices and all court documentation in respect of the litigation process. We are also able to provide advice and assistance in dealing with your litigated disputes, including the recovery of costs and arranging for court representation, should this be required.
*Please note that the 24 Hour Group is a paralegal law firm and not a solicitors firm regulated by the SRA and can therefore not undertake reserved activities as per the Legal Services Act 2007.
The Enforcement Stage:
On requesting judgement, we can enforce the claim through the high court and have one of our in house high court enforcement officers undertake the collection of the outstanding debt. The high court enforcement officer’s fees are recoverable from the debtor, however there is a fixed Court fee of £66.00 made payable directly to ‘HMCTS’ and an upfront fixed £90.00 compliance fee, along with a £30.00 administrative fee.
These fees can be recovered from the debtor in addition to your outstanding debt. Further information on the enforcement stage of proceedings can be found on our ‘High Court Enforcement’ page.